Comfort Care Kits
Comfort Care Kits are offered free of charge to families experiencing pregnancy or infant loss at any stage. Kits are customized to the age of the baby and the specific needs of the family. A wish list has been created to accept offerings of items used to create these kits. Kits are available to families residing within the Antelope Valley or Santa Clarita Valley.
Examples of Kit Items:
- Baby Footprints Charm - "There is no footprint too small that cannot leave an imprint in this world." These charms are given to the family, as a symbol for keeping their baby on their hearts.
- Herbal Tea - A relaxing tea blend is provided to bring some comfort and warmth.
- Pocket Journal - Pocket journals are a beautiful way to reflect on the pregnancy and birth journey, and to carry the baby's memory.
- Facial Tissues - Tissues are provided to catch tears and dry eyes.
- Teddy Bear - A small teddy bear is gifted to the family to provide just a bit of comfort to empty hands and aching hearts.
- Votive Candle - Candle lighting is a beautiful way to honor babies. Candles can be lit each year as part of Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day, or anytime the family feels called to connect with their baby.
- Herbal Sitz Bath - This herbal bath can be used to promote physical healing from birth, or used in a comforting bath.
- Home Birth Miscarriage Kit - For families preparing to birth their baby at home during the first or early second trimesters, birth supplies and memory making keepsakes are included.
- Baby Hats, Blankets, and Diapers - Lovingly made hats, blankets, and diapers are provided in various gestational age sizes.